How To Start a Blog
With the increasing popularity of blogs, now more and more people are asking, "what is blogging?" Blogging is an excellent and fun way to share your adventures, passions, or expertise with the rest of the world through writing and content creation. And don't forget, blogging has the potential to create an exciting and lucrative source of income. In fact, there are many bloggers who have quit their regular 9-to-5 job to blog full time.
Nowadays, bloggers and writers don’t need to know HTML, CSS, or other tech savvy things to start a blogging platform. All you need to know is how to use a computer, how to navigate around the internet, and how to write something people can relate to. If you do have the ambitions to purchase your own domain and start making money blogging, there are some menial costs that all successful webloggers must incur - but we'll get to that shortly.
As with any businesses startup, new writers must know the basics of getting started. Some of these basics include: choosing the best blogging site, creating a weblog site (or finding a suitable blog, developing your personal brand, developing your particular voice, and learning how to increase blog traffic. Don't worry, all these "blogging basics" will be covered.
Whether you are looking to show off your pet’s latest antics, or give practical advice within your industry niche, the following tips will help you get on the right track when it comes to creating a weblog site.
Starting a Blog in Eight Simple Steps
For all the aspiring writers and creative thinkers who want to start their own blog, it’s natural to wonder where to begin! And the common question being asked online is, How to Start a Blog?
Whether your goal is to reach an audience through "how-to" content or to write helpful "lifestyle" posts that uplift your readers, now is the time to achieve your blogging ambitions! We have laid out the first four steps that can help anyone become a successful blogger in no time. These are: First, Decide What to Blog About; Second, Choose a Name for Your Blog; Third, Choose a Blogging Platform; and Fourth, Choose Web Hosting. Now, read on to get started with your writing aspirations!
Decide What to Blog About
What do you love? Are you passionate about cooking or family issues? Do you want to write about the exciting world of tech or help teach people how to build things for their homes? There are thousands of potential blog topics out there and the first step to becoming a great blogger is deciding which one you want to write about. Keep these two things in mind as you start your blogging journey:
• Pick a topic you are passionate about. The single most important thing to remember as you think about your blog topic is that you should always have a passion for what you are writing about. Bloggers that love their topics produce interesting content that is truly valuable to people in their niche. What’s more, they’re more likely to earn ample social shares and plenty of reader attention than a blogger who obviously doesn’t care about the subject at hand.
• Keep learning. Once you’ve decided what you’re going to write about, it’s important to continue learning from others. There are millions of blogging platforms live on the web today, and many of them contain fantastic, helpful information about your industry. So, go ahead, reach out, read other peoples’ blogs, ask questions, and keep learning. In addition to making you a better person, it will make you a better writer.
Choose a Name for Your Blog
Now that you’ve settled on a topic, you’ll need to come up with a name for your blog. A name gives people a way to find you and helps them spread the word about your content around the web. For the sake of simplicity, many writers simply use their personal name for their blog site; take Mark Manson for example.
Alternately, you can come up with a catchy blog title that encapsulates your blog’s topic and grabs a reader’s attention, like lifestyle guru Tim Ferriss did with his "Four Hour Work Week" Blog. No matter what you choose to do, remember the following things:
• Simple is better. Nobody wants to go “www.supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus.com,” so be sure to keep your title simple, easy to spell, and memorable. Additionally, you should ensure that your blog title and URL are the same.
• Choose trustworthy domain extensions. An easily recognizable domain extension like “.com” will help lend your blogging platform authority from the get-go.
Choose a Blogging Platform
When it comes time to choose your blogging platform, you’ll quickly find that there are dozens of blog sites out there. Some, however, are better than others. Keep these things in mind when choosing your blogging platform:
• Avoid Free Sites. To put it simply, the best blogging sites are not free. Platforms like Blogger, BlogSpot, and Tumblr offer fewer features and less control than some of the paid sites available, and Joomla is just plain outdated. If you set up your blog on one of these in the beginning, you’ll likely find yourself longing for a more capable platform down the road.
• Focus on WordPress. WordPress.org is the blogging platform that’s currently responsible for powering 76.5 million blogging platforms worldwide. The reason it’s so popular is that it’s an incredibly easy place to learn how to start a blog! Between the platform’s wide assortment of support material, user-friendly interface, easy customization ability, and vast monetization options, there’s no question as to why it’s a favorite of everyone who wants to make money with a blog.
Choose Web Hosting
The next step in starting a blog is choosing your hosting service. When it comes to starting a blog, here are a few of our favorite web hosting platforms:
• BlueHost.com: BlueHost is one of the most widely-used hosting platforms in existence today. Optimized to work seamlessly with WordPress, BlueHost offers a variety of hosting packages, many of which include a free domain, 24/7 support services, 1-click WordPress installation, and assistance with site building.
• HostGator.com: HostGator offers thousands of website templates, a convenient 45-day money back guarantee, and formidable support services, which makes it fantastic for the beginning blogger.
• WordPress.com: WordPress.com is WordPress’s free blogging platform. The site offers an easy-to-use site building template and is a great way for new writers to learn the ropes.
Learn the four final steps (5 through 8) of building your way to blogging success!
You can find them here at How to Create a Blog.
If you’ve always dreamed of being a blogger, now is your time to make that dream a reality. When you begin blog training through Blog Network, you will have the resources to learn everything from learning how to write a blog to finding the best ways to optimize your blog for maximum reach!
While weblogging isn’t always easy, we have successful, income-generating member webloggers that will show you it can be done! When you join Blog Network, you will take part in our step-by-step guide to successful writing.
Here are a few of the services that Blog Network offers when you begin our simple, yet comprehensive Blog Training:
• Blogging Instruction from the Pros: Learn what it takes to enhance your blogging skills and build a great blogging platform. Here, we offer high-quality copywriting instruction to help you write better content and make the most of SEO throughout your weblog site content.
• Effective Marketing Training: Learn how to create and market your blog online. Generate more traffic and get more followers to share your content through social media channels.
• Networking Tips and Tricks: Learn the best practices for using social media and our website, to expand your blogging platform's readership while building connections with other webloggers.
• Monetization Support and Instruction: Become a professional blogger by monetizing your blog! Here at Blog Network, our professional writers will show you how to make real money and how to get paid to blog.
The Blog Network Difference: Don’t Compromise – Work with the Pros!
Whether you want to make money blogging or start a blog business, we can help! So go ahead, join the community of like-minded writers here at Blog Network!